Sunday, January 20, 2008

Ice-Cream Party


So my son Mitchell came to me and asked why they (he and his siblings) never get to have a party. I wanted to tell him that everyday of his life was a party but then I realized he just needed some time to socialize since he is only at school for 6 hours everyday with his friends. I decided because I am crazy that I would let the kids have an afterschool ice-cream party. We ended up with 21 kids walking home from school and then we had ice-cream with toppings galore followed by several games which I participated in. It actually turned out to be a very fun party and my kids thought I was a great mom until I told them it was time for their friends to go home. Oh well, I was "The Worlds Greatest Mom" for a whole hour this week which is something to brag about in my book.

3 comments:

Sunshine said...

You are a great MOM!

RocketBox Boy said...

Way to go! I am going to have to steal some ideas from you for my kids to have a party. Not only did your kids think you where the coolest mom but I am sure that your kids friends thought so too as well as their moms for taking them off their hands for a while. Your Mrs.popular now! Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

Rebecca said...

You're one crazy lady! I sure hope I can be such a cool mom someday!