Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Missing Worm

Bethany came home one day from kindergarten with a learning backpack from school. It was filled with activiies she could do at home and then take back to school. The catch is that if she lost any of the pieces it would cost $20.00 for the backpack. Of course we had good intentions of not losing any of the pieces but Bethany and her brothers found the plastic worms inside the backpack just too irristable. Behind their parents back they took the plastic worms outside and began throwing them in the air as high as they could. It was good times for them I am sure. Of course we did not know any of this was going on until we were weeding the flower bed and found 2 plastic worms. We then realized there was still one missing and that darn worm was going to cost us $20.00. I prayed for 3 days that we would find the worm. I offered a $5 reward for him but he was nowhere to be found. I gave it one last effort and made my children put on their jackets since it was a freezing 50 degrees outside and begin the final hunt. After pleading with Heavenly Father one more time Brad announced he had found the worm. A rush of gratitude ran through me. My children didn't understand my excitement but I knew that we had a little help finding the worm since it was stategically placed on the roof of the house. How it inched its way up there I will never know but now he is with his other worm family. Bethany has been banned from bringing another backpack home. That is just too expensive of a learning project for our family.


3 comments:

Sunshine said...

Aren't kids so great? Don't you just wish you could have more and more of them. I'm glad you found the worm...if not Beth would be working off that $20 for a very long time.

RocketBox Boy said...

Your kids look the like the Canadian geese up here in the grass staring at the ground looking for the perfect worm. Hey at least it was Brad who found it so you didn't have to pay out the reward to your kids who where the ones who lost it in the first place.

Rebecca said...

Did Brad get the $5 reward?