Sunday, September 21, 2008

Who is that girl?

BEFORE SURGERY
4 DAYS AFTER SURGERY - it isn't bad lighting just bad bruising
1 MONTH AFTER SURGERY

So I know it has been a long time since I updated my blog but there is a reason... I was busy getting a new face. I had jaw surgery about a month ago and lets just say this was way worse than I thought it would be. I won't go into all the details but I will look different and I am not sure if it is a good different. Life long friends don't recognize me and people think that I am "Natalie's sister." That is ok with me because my sisters are so beautiful. Anyways my kids wouldn't talk to me at first and Mitch just kept on asking me when I was going to look normal. This is normal, well almost. Within the next year all the swelling should go down so that I can smile normally and I should have most if not all the feeling back in my face. That will be happiness. Also in 1 1/2 weeks I can start chewing food again which will be very exciting. I already can breath so much easier and I can feel my teeth touching so I know I am going to be able to chew my food which is why I did this whole thing in the first place. Thank goodness for insurance. I am sure glad I didn't have to pay the $50,000 that this surgery cost. So enjoy a few snapshots.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

You look great! Do you mind if I ask what the surgery was for?

Iliana said...

Can't wait to see you in person! You do look different, but still great! I'm glad youre feeling a bit better. Hannah's party looks fun, I can't believe she's so old, and that you are old enough for a teenager!

Jen said...

I seriously can't believe it- You look so different- I can't believe you are heeling so fast- I know it must be miserable though.
Are you dreaming of what you are going to eat 1st?!?!?

You look great, and this was all so worth it.
Hope to see you sometime soon.

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

What the...?

Found you off of Sunshine's blog...didn't expect to see you like this!...now Natialie...there are better ways to loose weight:)

Seriously though, I hope it produces good end results that would make it all worth it.

Your kids are SO CUTE and BIG!

April-Benjamin said...

YOu have to post pictures of how cute you look now. Hannah is such a pretty teenager. YOu're the best at thinking of creative ideas.

-April

*Monica* said...

Well Hello There. I guess this officially makes me a blog stalker! It just occured to me that you might have a blog, and I decided to do a little sleuthing to find out. I'm so glad that you are not private and that I was able to see what's going on with your family. Thanks so much for coming to T.J.'s farewell, it was great to see you all.